Your next visit to a beauty salon might seem a distant dream. The novel corona-virus has confined us all to our home.
The extended lockdown would have taken a toll on your skin and natural hair care routine due to the paucity of products.
Split ends, outgrown hair, frizz, fading hair colour, and a gazillion other problems must be bothering you.
Prevention is better than cure, with the unprecedented growth in the number of COVID patients, we recommend you to stay indoors.
But why let your hair suffer the loss?
We have got some amazing lockdown hacks for you. Unleash your strength, Unbind your style!
Lockdown dawned the realization upon us, how annoying those overgrown roots can be, causing constant itching and making one look shabby. With no hopes of a visit to the barber anytime soon, we need to tame these babies at home.
TRIMMING is essential. Though it isn’t advisable to give yourself a full haircut at home, you can give yourself a salon-quality trim (about 1–3 inches) off of the ends.
- For girls/women; shampoo your hair, towel dry, disentangle damp hair, comb backward, divide your hair into 3 sections, tie the first two sections in ponytail away from the back of your head. Make a scissor-like motion with your index and middle finger and slide it through your hair, comb your hair once again. Using a scissor, cut the hair one inch from the ends.
- For boys/men; a trimmer will do the work.
Bored in the house? Why not try some cool curls? Let’s convert some pencils into curling irons.
- Shower and towel dry your hair, until damp. Separate small sections of your hair, coil the hair around the pencil. Twist the pencil in 180 degrees motion so that it doesn’t slip off your hair. Wrap other sections of hair similarly.
- Leave the pencils for about 2 to 3 hours. For tighter curls, you may leave it overnight.
- Remove the pencils from your hair one by one. TADAAA!! Cool curls for your pajama party are done.
PRO TIP: take smaller sections for better curls!
You have plenty of time to experiment with your hair without caring to mess it up. Lockdown has really been a bummer for your summer hairstyle plans. At-HOME BANG TRIMS can do away with your quarantine blues.
- Shampoo your hair, blow-dry until damp. Comb your hair to remove any tangles.
- You need to locate where your bangs truly begin. Make a bang triangle.
- Your fingers should be ideally where you want the final trimmed length to be. Cut the desired length using scissors.
- For equal length bangs, take an A4 size sheet, draw a straight line 6 inches from the top of the paper (or more, depending on the length you want). Place the paper beneath your bangs, and using a trimmer cut along the straight line.
- VOILA! You are done.
An itchy scalp can lead to a lot of discomfort and frequent scratching, making you a laughing stock among your peers and colleagues.
Lockdown gives you ample time to treat the causes of an itchy scalp, but are you confused about where to start?
Apply apple cider vinegar, it has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Coconut oil is a soothing option for itchiness.
You might be surprised, but meditation also works wonder in relieving itchiness caused by anxiety.
The itchiness can be indicative of various underlying problems, DITCH THE ITCH with Yayy! Naturals Scalp Defense Shampoo. Perfect for guaranteeing complete protection of the youth’s scalp and rising hair problems. Based on Organic Australian Tea Tree & Apple Cider Vinegar, the Yayy! Naturals Scalp Defense Shampoo wins hearts for ensuring complete hair cleaning solution with a generous amount of lather by making the hair soft and supple.
Cleaning and nourishing your scalp is as important as the rest of your body. Hair spa not only relaxes your mind and body but also moistens hair follicles, helping them grow. Most of you must be missing your hair spa regime, so here’s a DIY.
- Massage hair with your favourite oil, leave overnight. Wash your hair the next morning.
- Apply curd (for oily scalp) and banana (for dry scalp) and both for a moderate scalp. Leave the mask for 10 minutes and rinse.
- Use a warm towel, and wrap around your head. After 10 minutes, apply Yayy! Naturals Hair Defense Serum. Done and dusted!
Yayy! Naturals Hair Defense Serum is the 100% natural hair serum product designed for the youth. It ensures the millennials with complete hair protection.
With the ongoing monsoon season, a head bath might seem like a herculean task. Wet hair pose a big problem; the longer it stays wet, the worse things get, as it continues to swell. This results in breakage in the long run.
We present a very easy hack to blow dry your hair quickly with minimal direct heat. Wrap a t-shirt around your head. Insert the nozzle of the blow dryer from one sleeve ending, switch it on, and within a few minutes, you’ll be done.
It is advisable to let your hair loose, as tying them using tight hair ties leads to breakage. For boys, tuck your pesky bits behind your ear for a tidy look. Try these easy and quick hacks during the lockdown to keep your hair in good shape until your next visit to the salon.